Start-Stop micro-hybrids save fuel and reduce emissions by turning off the engine in place of idling. This innovation places new demands on car batteries, particularly with respect to partial state of charge management and charge acceptance. H&V is the leading supplier of key battery separators for this cutting-edge technology.
- EnergyGuard® exhibits 200% the tensile strength and 300% the puncture resistance of all-glass mat, making it ideal for high-speed automated manufacturing.
- H&V is the only battery separator supplier manufacturing on three continents, delivering globally consistent products with short lead times.
H&V Absorption Glass Mat (AGM) separators are the dominant choice globally for automotive starting, lighting, ignition (SLI) batteries. Our product offering optimizes the need for high-speed assembly with the increased service demands for cycling, rapid recharge, and acid stratification.
- High-rate discharge performance
- Cycling optimization
- Compression maintenance (recovery)
- Electrolyte stratification resistance
- Reserve capacity optimization
- High-porosity for maximum electrolyte volume
- High-vibration resistance
- Chemical purity and consistency
- Thickness and basis-weight control
- Electrolyte–filling efficiency
- Wrapping/stacking efficiency
- Assembly defect reduction (rips, splits, tears, and punctures)
- Paste imperfection protection (paste lumps, spurs, etc.)
Our EnergyGuard® HB is a high-strength separator, robust against vibration and assembly defects caused by pasting lumps. An alternative, our BG CB all-glass product line, is also widely used in this application. H&V manufactures our separators at regional mills around the world for fast delivery and local application support.
To request a Technical Data Sheet please click Contact Us above and complete the form.
Specific Surface Area
BG210CB132 210 1.32 3.0 1.4 BG330CB206 330 2.06 4.5 1.4 BG410CB257 410 2.57 5.5 1.4 BG160HB104 160 1.04 6.0 1.8 BG200HB127 200 1.27 7.5 1.8 BG300HB192 300 1.92 9.0 1.8