Pasting paper is a vital component used in lead plate assembly. Some manufacturers use cellulose pasting paper during this process step. At H&V, we recommend our premiere performing glass pasting paper. Unlike cellulose, glass pasting paper wets out naturally, won’t dissolve in acid (resulting in gaps or compression loss), and functions as part of the separator system.
- Pasting paper is a lightweight (30 gsm) variant of battery separator, designed to add mechanical strength to plate processing.
- Our specially formulated glass pasting paper prevents carbon gassing and compression loss.
Pasting paper is an all-glass microfiber product used to support wet lead paste in the manufacturing process. Unlike cellulose pasting paper used in flooded lead-acid batteries, H&V’s pasting paper is chemically stable in an acid environment. It will not decompose or contribute to gassing within the VRLA battery.
- High-rate discharge performance
- Cycling optimization
- Electrolyte stratification resistance
- Chemical purity and consistency
- Thickness and basis-weight control
- Electrolyte-filling efficiency
- Wrappings/stacking efficiency
Our products are engineered to maximize mechanical strength and acid wicking for high-speed pasting while minimizing thickness. Our grade BGM03310 has a thickness of 0.18 mm. For more strength, we have BG03015 at 0.22 mm thickness.
To request a Technical Data Sheet please click Contact Us above and complete the form.
Specific Surface Area
BG03015 34 0.25 1.5 2.0 BGM03310 33 0.20 1.2 1.75