A garment care label may be small, but it plays a big role when shopping for clothing. While some are looking for the convenience of machine washable garments, others prefer the look of delicate fabrics that require dry-cleaning. The US Federal Trade Commission mandates that a care label be permanently affixed to each garment to provide clear instructions about laundering.
- H&V’s direct-print nonwoven care label stock meets 16 CFR PART 423-Care Labeling Of Textile Wearing Apparel.
- Our products are designed to be printed at the production site using dot-matrix or laser printers.
- Properly printed labels remain legible for the life of the garment—more than 25 laundering cycles.
Today, garment manufacturing can take place anywhere in the world so ensuring that each article of clothing is labeled correctly is essential to meet import regulations. H&V’s direct-print nonwoven garment care label stock is engineered to meet the US regulations: 16 CFR PART 423-Cares Labeling of Textile Wearing Apparel. Designed for high volume point-of-use printing using dot-matrix or laser printers, you can produce millions of labels annually using off-the-shelf printing equipment.
- You can reduce lead time and cut costs by printing care labels on-site to meet tight or changing delivery schedules.
- Often referred to as “econo-labels,” our materials cut costs by shrinking inventory and reducing preprinted label obsolescence.
- Once printed, H&V’s labels will carry care instructions to the consumer and remain legible after many washings or trips to the cleaners.
- Our products are sold exclusively through converter/distributors that perforate and die-cut the label stock to accommodate either sheet-fed printers or continuous-feed printers.
To request a Technical Data Sheet please click Contact Us above and complete the form.
Garment Care Label Products
Grade Basis Weight
Description 2219 2.16 73 0.007 7 Direct Dot-matrix Printable 3323 2.2 73 0.006 0.20 Direct Laser Printable