H&V offers a range of advanced filter media solutions suitable for use in industrial process liquid operations.
What Is the Role of Filtration in the Industrial Process Liquids Industry?
H&V defines industrial process liquids as any liquid that is not part of the petrochemical and/or automotive supply chain (i.e., no fuels, no lubricants, and no urea). This application area includes numerous compounds, including chemicals, cleaning supplies, semiconductor process liquids, chemical mechanical polishing (CMP) slurry, wastewater, electroplating baths, electrical discharge machining (EDM) fluids, industrial enzymes, inks, dyes, coatings, and more. Filtration plays a key role in the production and/or use of many of them, whether by improving their quality or performance.
Which Current Industrial Process Liquid Trends Are Affecting Filtration Solutions?
Throughout the years, new trends within the industrial process liquids market have affected how and why filtration processes are performed. Some of the major trends currently influencing filters and filter media are:
- The demand for sustainability. In recent years, large companies have released sustainability reports that provide a new degree of transparency. Filtration is important to sustainability as it produces clean water and facilitates pollution control. Additionally, microfiltration, particle filtration, and other liquid treatment steps are vital to reducing waste and improving output in industrial processes that depend on fluids.
- The adoption of tighter process control standards. Today, manufacturers have a better understanding of the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for their systems and a greater focus on Return on Investment (ROI) than ever before. As a result, they demand products with tighter tolerances, process liquids with greater uniformity, and better control over liquids to increase yields.
- The pursuit of increasing quality. The continuous improvement mentality has highlighted the importance of better process control. These new measures often use filtration to improve yields for various industrial process liquid applications, such as semiconductor processes and the manufacture of inks, dyes, and coatings.
- The increased emphasis on risk mitigation. Manufacturers want better fluid control to improve the Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) of their operations. Fluids need to be managed wisely to reduce hazards and mitigate risks.
Why Choose H&V’s Industrial Process Liquid Filter Media Solutions?
As a worldwide leader in advanced filtration, Hollingsworth & Vose offers a broad range of product solutions for the industrial process liquids market, such as:
- Trupor™. Trupor is H&V’s sub-micron family of products. The materials are available in traditional microfiltration grades (0.65 micron, 0.45 micron, and 0.20 micron) and several polymers. Trupor™ nylon shows great durability and robustness for industrial chemical production, semiconductor processes, and coating production.
- Wetlaid cellulose products. Wetlaid cellulose products are available in grades ranging from 50 micron down to 1 micron. They are used in various industrial and water treatment applications.
- Meltblown products. Meltblown products are available for liquid filtration in polypropylene (PP), polyester (PBT), and nylon and grades from 30 micron down to 0.80 micron.
- Wetlaid glass products. Wetlaid glass products come in grades ranging from 10 micron to 0.20 micron. They are utilized in numerous industrial process liquid filtration applications.
Our filtration solutions are widely used in industrial process liquid applications. For example:
- Trupor™ is used in industrial cooling systems to reduce particulate buildup and improve system life while extending element life and reducing changeout costs.
- Trupor™ and meltblown materials are used for electroplating baths, EDM, ink, dye, and other similar systems and to ensure industrial process water quality in a range of industries.
- Wetlaid products are used in sludge concentration steps to reduce landfill volume and improve downstream water quality.
H&V provides innovative filtration solutions to create a cleaner world. To learn more about our filtration solutions for the process liquids industry, contact us today.
Liquid applications range from residential and municipal drinking water, waste water, desalination, biomedical, food and beverage, gas and oil drilling and processing, and many more.
- NANOWEB is manufactured with fibers in the 0.5 to 7 micron range. Available in polypropylene, polyester, and nylon —both calendared and uncalendared, with pore sizes 1-20 micron —NANOWEB delivers high microfiltration performance with low pressure drop.
- Cellulose paper is our most economical filter media offering excellent filtration efficiency in the >10 micron range with low resistance and high dirt holding capacity.
- Our micro fiberglass glass media delivers high efficiency and high dust loading in the 1 to 10 micron range.
- For the highest purity of polymeric media in the 1 to 10 micron range, H&V offers a full line of meltblown media available in polypropylene, polyester, and nylon in both calendared and uncalendared versions.
For more information, please click on the links below for brochures, white papers, case studies and frequently asked questions:
To request a Technical Data Sheet please click Contact Us above and complete the form.
Grade Recommended Micron Rating Fiber Type Basis Weight
CTR8015S1 0.5-0.8 Polypropylene 155 15 .55 2.5 CTR8015S2 1.0 Polypropylene 80 10.5 1.0 3.2 CTR7788B3 2.0-3.0 Polypropylene 20 2.6 2.7 7.6 CTR778810 5.0-10.0 Polypropylene 10 3.4 10.2 30.1 CTR7788B1 1.0-2.0 Polypropylene 44 4.3 1.0 3.9 CTR7788B4S 0.8 Polypropylene 84 7.4 0.8 2.6 CTR778820 5.0-10.0 Polypropylene 21.5 7 6.5 19.7
Grade Recommended Micron Rating Fiber Type Basis Weight
PC14100F 1.0-2.0 Polypropylene 100 8.0 1.0 4.7 PC13095B 2.0-3.0 Polypropylene 96 9.0 2.2 7.0 PC11045C 2.0-3.0 Polypropylene 45.0 4.0 3.1 11.6 PC11045A 3.0-5.0 Polypropylene 45.0 6.0 5.0 16.0 PF12100 3.0-5.0 Polypropylene 100 32.0 5.5 18.1 PC11030A 3.0-5.0 Polypropylene 32.0 4.3 5.7 13.4 PF13025 5.0-10.0 Polypropylene 25 9.0 9.6 19.1 PF13040 5.0-10.0 Polypropylene 40 13.0 9.8 24.4 PF13080 5.0-10.0 Polypropylene 80 20.0 10.1 NA PF23040 10.0-15.0 Polyester 40 10.0 13.3 29.3 PF13020 10.0-15.0 Polypropylene 20 6.0 15.0 69.3
Grade Basis Weight
Recommended Micron Rating TMI Thickness
HA8071 .8 67 13.0 .8 2.1 HA8141 1.0-2.0 76 16.0 1.5 6.0 HC4011 2.0-3.0 125 45.0 2.7 12.1 HD2021 2.0-3.0 94 20 2.7 14.6 HE1071 3.0-5.0 62 12.0 4.5 16.4 HE1021 3.0-5.0 81.0 16 6.8 24.2 HB5211 1.0-2.0 60 12.0 1.9 7.0