Privacy Notice – Hollingsworth & Vose Website
Last updated June 3rd, 2021
This is the website Privacy Notice for Hollingsworth & Vose Company and its affiliates (“H&V”). H&V is acting as the controller for this website. H&V understands that your privacy is important and we are committed to protecting your privacy and the personal data you provide or that may be collected as you access and use our website. This Notice describes the privacy practices that apply to personal data we collect through the website and to personal data you provide to H&V through the website.
H&V may, in its discretion, amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully.
For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, Personal Data (or ‘personal information’) means information and data that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you. Examples of Personal Data include name, address, telephone number and email address.
Information We Collect
The types of Personal Data covered by this Privacy Notice include data you provide to us and data that we collect automatically when you use the website.
We collect Personal Data when you provide it to us, through the “Contact Us” functionality or other forms on the website. In this regard we may collect:
- your name
- your business address, email address, phone number and region
- your job function
- company name and industry of your employer
- Information collected if you apply for a position with us, which may include professional work history and education
- the contents of any message you send to us
When you use the H&V website, we collect usage and device information automatically, which may include:
- pixel tags, cookies and associated unique identifiers(see below for more information)
- browser or device type, operating system, software versions
- the IP address of your computer or other device
- the domain name of the website from which you came
- your H&V website behavior, including the number of visits, pages accessed and whether you are a first time or returning visitor
How We Use Your Personal Data
H&V uses and processes your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To establish and fulfill a contract with you.
- To offer goods and services to you in a personalized way.
- To maintain customer and supplier relationships.
- To respond to any inquiries.
- To keep you informed about our products and services and other marketing purposes.
- To develop and improve our products and services.
- To improve our website content and navigation.
- To process an application for employment.
- To comply with a legal obligation and to protect H&V’s legitimate business interests and legal rights, including, but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
Sharing Personal Information
We may share your personal data to further legitimate business purposes or to comply with legal obligations. When we share personal data in this way, we will do so in accordance with applicable law.
These activities may include sharing personal data with:
- Our affiliated companies around the world.
- Service providers or contracted parties who enable us to facilitate our website, deliver advertising or engage in marketing communications. In many cases, these parties utilize pixel tags and cookies. We use the following types of cookies and marketing partners:
- Service providers who process information on our behalf to help us run some of our internal business operations, such as database, employment or IT services, who have a need to access the information in connection with the services.
- To comply with a legal obligation or regulatory inquiry
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, investment or divestiture of H&V assets.
If your personal data is transferred outside of the country in which it was collected, we will, when required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected. With respect to transfers of personal data of residents of the U.K. or European Economic Area to countries without a determination of adequacy for lawful data transfers, H&V will utilize model contracts adopted by the European Commission or another legally binding data transfer mechanism.
Data Protection Rights
H&V offers the following rights to personal data subjects:
- You may request access to the personal data we maintain about you.
- You may request deletion of the personal data we maintain about you.
- You may request that we modify the personal data we maintain about you.
- You may object to our use of your personal data for:
- Email marketing purposes by clicking the unsubscribe link in any commercial email we send to you, or by contacting us at the email address below.
- Cookies by our website or advertising services by following the instructions above or through your browser settings.
For residents of the U.K. or European Economic Area, H&V processes personal data under the following legal basis:
- Necessary for the performance of a contract: Information you provide to us in the context of requesting information about our products or services, applications for employment, or fulfillment as part of an agreement.
- Legitimate interest: We may communicate with you about our product or services after you have inquired with us, or after you have contracted with us as a customer.
- Consent: We may utilize cookies or similar technologies that are utilized following a consent request on our website.
You may also have the right to make a complaint with the relevant data protection authority if you believe H&V’s use of personal data is not being processed in accordance with applicable data protection law. If you believe such data protection rights apply to your Personal Data, and you would like to exercise any of those rights, please write to email@example.com. Please note that we will need you to prove who you are before we can provide you with any information.
This website is not intended for children under the age of 16.
Links to Other Websites
This website may contain links to other websites not operated by H&V, including partners that may display H&V content or advertising. H&V is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any non-H&V website to which there is a link on this site.
H&V maintains appropriate organizational and technical measures designed to protect your Personal Data collected through the site. However, no security procedures or protocols can guarantee that your Personal Data will not become accessible to unauthorized persons. We encourage you to use caution when disclosing Personal Data through the site.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at 112 Washington Street, East Walpole, Massachusetts 02032