Privacy Notice – Hollingsworth & Vose Website
This is the website Privacy Notice for Hollingsworth & Vose Company and its affiliates (“H&V”), with headquarters at 112 Washington Street, East Walpole, Massachusetts 02032. Hollingsworth & Vose Company is acting as the controller for this website. H&V understands that your privacy is important and we are committed to protecting your privacy and the personal data you provide or that may be collected as you access and use our website. This Notice describes the privacy practices that apply to personal data we collect through the website and to personal data you provide to H&V through the website.
H&V may, in its discretion, amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully.
For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, Personal Data means information and data that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you. Examples of Personal Data include name, address, telephone number and email address.
Information We Collect
The types of Personal Data covered by this Privacy Notice include data you provide to us and data that we collect automatically when you use the website.
When you use the website, we collect usage and device information automatically. If you visit our website we collect access data automatically transmitted by your web browser whenever you access web servers and databases (within the framework of so-called HTTP requests). This is standardized information on the required content (such as the name and file type of a retrieved file) as well as further information on server access (such as amount of data transferred and error codes), on your device (e.g. device type, operating system, software versions, device identifications, IP address of your computer or other device, the domain name of the website from which you came, number of visits, pages accessed and whether you are a first time or returning user).
We also collect Personal Data when you use the “Contact Us” functionality on the website. In this regard we may collect:
- your name
- your business address, email address, phone number and region
- your job function
- company name and industry of your employer
- your message
How We Use Your Personal Data
H&V uses and processes your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To establish and fulfill a contract with you.
- To offer goods and services to you in a personalized way.
- To maintain customer and supplier relationships.
- If you provide Personal Information by using the Contact Us functionality on the site, we use your Personal Data to respond to your inquiry.
- To keep you informed about our products and services.
- Developing and improving our products and services.
- To improve our site content and navigation.
- To comply with a legal obligation and to protect H&V’s legitimate business interests and legal rights, including, but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
We will not sell or “rent” your Personal Data.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required to enable you to move around our website.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Transfers of Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information to further legitimate business purposes or to comply with legal obligations. When we share Personal Data in this way, we will do so in accordance with applicable law.
These transfers may include:
• Our affiliated companies located around the world to pursue or maintain business relationships.
• Parties who enable us to deliver advertising and marketing communications.
• Third party service providers who process information on our behalf to help us run some of our internal business operations, such as IT services, who have a need to access the information in connection with the services.
• To comply with a legal obligation or demand.
If your Personal Data is transferred outside of the country in which it was collected, we will, when required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected.
Data Protection Rights
For residents of the European Economic Area, data protection law provides certain rights regarding their Personal Data, including the right to access, rectify, erase, transport and object to, or restrict the processing of, their Personal Data. These rights may not apply if there are other legal justifications to continue processing. These individuals may also have the right to make a complaint with the relevant data protection authority if they believe their Personal Data is not being processed in accordance with applicable data protection law. If you believe such data protection rights apply to your Personal Data, and you would like to exercise any of those rights, please write to email@example.com. Please note that we will need you to prove who you are before we can provide you with any information.
This website is not intended for children under the age of 13.
Links to Other Web Sites
This website may contain links to other web sites not operated by H&V. H&V is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any non-H&V website to which there is a link on this site.
H&V maintains appropriate organizational and technical measures designed to protect your Personal Data collected through the site. However, no security procedures or protocols can guarantee that your Personal Data will not become accessible to unauthorized persons. We encourage you to use caution when disclosing Personal Data through the site.
This Privacy Notice was last updated in February 2021.