Indoor air pollution is one of the biggest environmental problems the world is facing today.
Indoor concentrations of some pollutants are up to five times higher than average outdoor concentrations. Since people spend over 80% of their time indoors, it is not surprising that data shows that 9 out of 10 people breathe polluted air. Additionally, research shows that millions of people die prematurely due to illnesses attributed to indoor air pollution.
Indoor air pollution isn’t just a nuisance or a matter of discomfort. Some pollutants can cause serious cardiovascular and respiratory diseases that will appear only after long-term exposure. Air pollution in the workplace can cause irreversible damage to humans and have detrimental effects on manufacturing processes and products. A proven way to improve indoor air quality (IAQ) is using NanoWave® in your HVAC filtration system.
What Is NanoWave® Filter Media?
NanoWave® is a patented extended surface area synthetic filter media that works against hazardous air pollution by providing clean air while at the same time significantly lowering energy consumption in commercial, residential, and industrial buildings. NanoWave provides extraordinarily low pressure drop and superior dustholding capacity compared to traditional synthetic media and glass mat. The use of NanoWave filter media improves air quality by enabling higher levels of filtration (capturing more fine particles) without reducing HVAC system airflow. The result is better filtration with lower energy usage.
Why Use NanoWave® Filter Media?
There are many reasons to use NanoWave filter media, including:
- It provides better air quality. It has an extended filtration surface area and a multi-layered, gradient structure, which provide superior dustholding capacity and much lower pressure drop compared to traditional synthetic media and glass mat.
- It features a patented “waved” design. This design allows air to flow through the filter with less resistance, resulting in much lower energy consumption for air handling units (AHUs). The end-user benefits from significantly lower total cost of ownership (TCO), due to the filter’s longer service life and lower energy requirement, and better protection against dangerous contaminants.
- It saves energy. Its extraordinarily low pressure drop, up to 40% lower compared to other premium filter media, allows for filters made from it to achieve the highest energy ratings.
- It is a fully synthetic media. NanoWave® is a fully synthetic (polypropylene) media that maintains its integrity. As a result, there is minimal risk of exposure to loose fibers during filter manufacturing, installation/maintenance, and HVAC system use.
Choose H&V’s NanoWave® Filter Media
H&V is a global leader in filtration. By choosing us for your filtration needs, you benefit from our:
- Extensive experience. We’ve been a market leader in innovative synthetic and composite filtration media since the early 1990s.
- Superior products. We offer a diverse range of filtration products developed to target specific applications. Our products are optimized for particulate penetration, durability, service life, and/or cost-efficiency.
- Commitment to innovation. We maintain state-of-the-art manufacturing and industry-leading R&D facilities, which enable us to continually upgrade our product lines to meet changing market demands.
- Global presence. We have R&D and manufacturing facilities in the Americas, Europe, China, and India and sales representatives across the world, enabling us to provide customers with quality products and services wherever they are.
- Customer-focused response. We collaborate with our customers to create new product solutions that enable better filtration.
To learn more about our NanoWave® filter media and what it can do for you, contact us today.