Indoor air quality is a driving concern across multiple markets. Some of the critical areas that are seeing an increased focus on indoor air quality are:
- Single-family homes
- Multi-level offices
- Commercial buildings
- Manufacturing facilities
- Data Centers
HVAC Indoor Air Quality: Benefits
Improving indoor air quality through specialized HVAC and filtration products offers many benefits, both to the occupants and the organizations that manage the impacted spaces. Some of the top benefits of these systems include:
- Better health outcomes: Better air quality leads to less fatigue and fewer incidents of headaches, nasal irritation, and sore throats.
- Enhanced ventilation: Increased ventilation improves the efficiency of HVAC systems.
- Improved comfort: A space with good indoor air quality keeps humidity between 40% and 60%, a range in which most occupants are comfortable.
- Safety and reduced emissions: Air filtration can remove harmful gasses from the air and help manage pollutants like soot that negatively impact the environment.
- Productivity: Employees who work in spaces with good indoor air quality have better health outcomes and better long-term productivity.
- Energy efficiency: Dirty or clogged ventilation can cause HVAC systems to work harder, therefore consuming more power. When properly maintained and with appropriate filter changes, HVAC equipment can improve energy efficiency.
HVAC Indoor Air Quality Products
Choosing the right HVAC indoor air quality products for your facility and environmental conditions can ensure you see optimal benefits from air filtration. At Hollingsworth & Vose, we design and manufacture innovative air filter media to manage air quality with the best energy outcomes.
Technostat® is an industry-leading electret filter media that offers industry-leading dust holding capacity combined with low pressure drop. Its optimized design is built to significantly improve air quality while reducing energy consumption. It’s used in highly regulated residential and commercial contexts.
Nanoweb™ is a fine fiber filter media that offers substantial increases in air quality and efficiency. This filtration product provides consistent best-in-class mechanical filtration with up to 40% less air resistance than comparable media, resulting in minimal pressure drop. Other features of Nanoweb™ include:
- Flame retardant
- Highly durable
- Optimal processability and pleatability
NanoWave® is a 100% synthetic filter media with a patented waved design that provides a larger surface area for capturing and containing more contaminants with less energy consumption. The media has exceptional dust loading performance so it can go longer between service calls without compromising air quality. Because of its simple design, NanoWave® can be adapted to fit various air filter media applications through a cut-and-frame concept, further reducing costs.
AlphaPerm™ is a high-efficiency media that provides minimal pressure drop. It is resistant to damage, very durable, and provides quiet filtration. This filter media is cost-competitive while reducing energy consumption. It’s processable on either rotary or blade pleaters, and meets ASHRAE 52.2 standards for MERV 11, 13, 15, and 16.
HVAC Indoor Air Quality Products and Solutions From H&V
When you need high-quality air filtration media turn to the experts at Hollingsworth & Vose. We partner with clients to provide them with the cutting-edge innovation, expertise, and value chain understanding their industries require. Contact us today to learn more about our world-leading air filtration media.