Pollution is often thought to be an outdoor air issue; however, the indoor spaces where we spend the majority of our time can become equally or even more polluted with organic and inorganic materials such as VOCs, molecular contaminants, and harmful particulates. Spending extended periods in indoor spaces with poor air quality can result in health concerns such as irritation of the eyes, throat, and nose, allergies, headaches, and even fatigue and reduced productivity.
At Hollingsworth & Vose, we manufacture air filtration media for high-quality control of contaminants, temperature, and humidity to maintain a safe and comfortable indoor air quality. Our innovative filtration media are made from the highest-quality materials to improve the energy efficiency of HVAC components and remove air contaminants. We offer various solutions to improve and maintain indoor air quality and deliver the benefits of high air quality.
Why Is Indoor Air Quality Important?
Indoor air quality (IAQ) is vital to reducing the transmission of viruses and other contaminants for the improved overall health of indoor air. Unfiltered indoor air can be as much as five times more contaminated than outdoor air, and Americans typically spend nearly 90% of their days indoors. Whether it’s time spent at the home, office, school, or in other public buildings, the air we are breathing is often a threat to our health.
Recent studies show enhancing IAQ may reduce aerosol virus transmission by as much as vaccinating 50 to 60% of the population against the same viruses. Contamination of indoor air has also shown links to cardiovascular diseases and respiratory allergies. H&V’s high-efficiency filtration media delivers reliable protection against indoor pollutants reducing exposure to unhealthy air and promoting better occupant health and productivity.
Indoor Air Quality Benefits and Applications
Implementing a high-quality IAQ air filter solution in your home, office, business, school, or other indoor facility provides numerous benefits, including:
- Increased ventilation: Ventilation can improve the efficiency of HVAC equipment and improve air quality by removing particulates and contaminants from the air.
- Reduced pollutant emissions: IAQ systems eliminate pollutants, particulates, soot, gas, and other irritants that can cause health and comfort problems.
- Improved health effects: Good air quality reduces headaches, sore throats, nasal irritation, fatigue, and nausea resulting from poor air quality. Over a longer period, air pollution can increase a person’s risk of heart problems, respiratory diseases, and cancer.
- Comfort: Improving indoor air quality helps maintain a comfortable humidity of 40 -60%, reducing dry or sticky skin, and removes pollutants that irritate the nose, throat, and eyes.
- Efficiency and reduced energy costs: Dirty or obstructed ventilation can cause HVAC equipment to work harder, causing overheating and higher energy usage and associated costs.
- Performance and productivity: Comfortable employees are more productive and require fewer absences due to illness and fatigue. One study revealed the average worker’s productivity increased by $6,500 annually when working in an office with clean indoor air.
- Safety: Maintaining IAQ can reduce static electricity and harmful gases like carbon monoxide.
Various applications rely on IAQ to provide comfort and performance, including:
- Construction equipment
- Agricultural vehicles
- Electrical rooms
- Multi-level offices
- Single-family homes
Types of Indoor Air Quality Filtration Solutions
H&V specializes in superior-quality filtration media to control contamination, temperature, and humidity indoors. We offer several brands to deliver solutions for various applications.
Technostat® is our industry-leading electret filter media used in vital applications like respirators, CPAP, spirometry, ventilators, and pleated HVAC panel filters. It offers the following benefits:
- Improved efficiency
- Optimized filter design
- Reduced energy consumption
- Superior performance in highly regulated applications
- Desirable characteristics (Electrostatic charge for enhanced particle capture)
Nanoweb™ is our highly-developed and patented fine-fiber filtration medium that provides highly consistent filtration efficiency levels with up to 40% less air resistance. It delivers the following benefits:
- Minimal pressure drop
- Best-in-class mechanical filtration performance
- Optimal durability
- An affordable total cost of ownership
- Exceptional pleatability and processability
- Flame retardant
NanoWave® is our patented synthetic filter media solution with an extended surface area to remove hazardous air pollution and clean the air at a lower energy cost. It delivers the following benefits:
- Improved air quality
- Patented “waved” design
- Energy efficient
- Fully synthetic media
- Exceptional dust loading performance enabling significantly longer service intervals to reduce cost
- Enables simpler element design reducing cost (Cut & Frame)
AlphaPerm™ is our filtration medium with a minimal pressure drop at high-efficiency levels. It lowers energy consumption, reduces noise levels, and provides improved comfort. AlphaPerm™ offers the following benefits:
- Superior durability and resistance
- Meets NIOSH N95, N99 and N100, and EN149 FFP2
- and FFP3 standards
- MERV 11, 13, 15 and 16 options available
- Processable on rotary or blade pleaters
Indoor Air Quality Filtration Solutions From H&V
H&V manufactures a broad range of air quality media for systems and products used in facilities, appliances, rooms, and personal applications. Our clients choose H&V because we view every business interaction as a partnership in which they can rely on our expertise, innovation, and complete value chain understanding. We lead the world in air filtration with extensive experience, a global presence, commitment to innovation, superior products, and a focus on customers.
Rely on H&V for Indoor Air Quality Solutions
Indoor air quality is essential to the health and safety of everyone in your facility. Hollingsworth & Vose offers a variety of superior-quality air filter solutions to improve the indoor air quality of any space while saving energy. Contact us to learn more about our innovative air filtration media products.