EnergyGuard® is a world-leading reinforced battery separator for VRLA AGM batteries. This high-strength synthetic-composite separator is a unique blend of glass microfiber and synthetic fiber. EnergyGuard exhibits unparalleled tensile and burst strength, as well as the full functionality of a traditional glass separator. It reduces battery manufacturing reject rates by decreasing unwinding tears and pasting-lump punctures.
Why Use EnergyGuard® Separators?
EnergyGuard®VRLA AGM battery separators are the most robust separators on the market. They are preferred worldwide for their exceptional strength, functionality, and many other advantages, including:
- Thickness retention. Our separators have superior fiber bonding that minimizes slippage in compression. The separator stores elastic energy and rebounds once compression is released to exhibit an improvement over all-glass separator products.
- Tensile strength. Due to our proprietary synthetic fibers, the internal structure is bonded to improve the tensile strength by two times compared to all-glass.
- Puncture resistance. The reinforced surface strength improves puncture resistance by two times compared to all-glass products. This is enabled by the optimized network of synthetic fibers.
- Deeper cycling and longer life. The synthetic fibers in EnergyGuard result in high elasticity and excellent compression recovery, which ensure the internal pressure remains high throughout the contraction and expansion that occurs during battery cycling. EnergyGuard meets the needs of these challenges, providing strong plate contact even in deep cycles.
- High-speed manufacturing. The superior puncture resistance and tensile strength make EnergyGuard ideal for high-speed automation. It provides enhanced throughput while reducing scrap. Additionally, its enhanced toughness prevents tears in wrapping and ensures smooth processing. The separator also protects against punctures from inconsistent plate surfaces, resulting in fewer cell rejects and shorts.
- Suitability for high-vibration environments. Demanding field applications, such as motorcycles and commercial trucks, rely on EnergyGuard separators for their ability to outlast glass separators and other reinforced alternatives. EnergyGuard’s superior resiliency prevents failure caused by sustained vibration. Surface puncture resistance and internal structural bonding increase the lifespan of batteries.
What Applications Do EnergyGuard® Separators Serve?
EnergyGuard is ideal for industrial and high-vibration automotive applications. These separators should be considered for the following applications:
- Data centers
- Industrial trucks (forklifts)
- Aerospace and defense
- Commercial trucks
- Low-speed vehicles
EnergyGuard® Separators From H&V
EnergyGuard® by Hollingsworth & Vose Company is a best-selling AGM battery separator across the globe due to its exceptional quality and performance. It has excellent resistance to vibration and assembly defects due to pasting lumps and superior strength. To learn more about our EnergyGuard VRLA AGM battery separators or our other products and capabilities, contact us today.