Composite Filter Media
Hollingsworth & Vose is a worldwide leader in filtration solutions. We have the broadest range of wetlaid and drylaid process technology platforms for filtration applications. One of our core capabilities is developing and producing multi-layer composite filter media. The construction of the composite is dependent on the application and exact requirements.
What Is Composite Filter Media?
Composite filter media contains two or more layers of filtration materials that are combined and bonded together to create a filter media with enhanced functionality designed for a specific industry application.
Many different filtration materials and combinations of substrates can be used to create composites, with each layer providing different filtration properties and physical characteristics. H&V composites can be designed to meet a variety of needs, including:
- Low pressure drop for a given efficiency, for electrostatically charged filtration, mechanical filtration, or a combination of the two
- Increased or gradient dust-holding / dirt-holding capacity
- Extended lifetime
- Improved dimensional stability and strength
- Enhanced processability / pleatability
- Combined molecular (gas-phase) and particulate filtration
- Increased or decreased hydrophobicity / oleophobicity
- Reduced total cost of ownership
Composite Filter Media Common Applications
H&V offers a variety of composite filter media solutions for specific end-uses. Typical applications for our products include:
- Cabin air combination filters (combining particulate and molecular filtration)
- Industrial and medical respirators
- Fuel and oil filtration systems
- Engine air intake filters
- Lube filters
- Hydraulic filters
- Coalescer filters
- Room air purifier filters
- Vacuum cleaner filters
- Specialty liquid filters
- HVAC bag, panel, and V-bank filters
- Cleanroom HEPA and ULPA filters
- Process liquid filtration systems
- Water filtration systems
- Microfiltration systems
Composite Filter Media vs. Traditional Filter Media
Compared to traditional filter media, composite filter media offers several advantages to filter end-users:
- Improved efficiency. By combining the best properties of each layer of filtration material, composite filter media is more effective at removing a broader range of contaminants and particles than traditional filter media.
- Extended service life. Composite filter media also increases contaminant holding capacity, extending the lifespan of the filter.
- Cost-effectiveness. Because they last longer and require less frequent maintenance, composite filter media is more cost-effective in the long run than traditional filter media.
Why Choose H&V’s Composite Filter Media?
As a global leader in filtration, H&V is the ideal partner for composite filter media needs. Our customers benefit from our:
- Extensive experience. H&V has been a market leader in composite filtration media since the early 1990s. Our proprietary technologies enable us to develop highly differentiated products, including AlphaPerm® pleatable synthetics, fuel media, NanoWave®, Technostat®, Nanoweb®, Trupor®, and molecular filtration media.
- Superior products. We offer a diverse range of filtration products developed to target specific applications. Our products are optimized for particulate penetration, durability, service life, and/or cost efficiency.
- Commitment to innovation. We maintain state-of-the-art manufacturing and industry-leading R&D facilities, which enable us to continually upgrade our product lines to meet changing market demands.
- Global presence. We have R&D and manufacturing facilities in the Americas, Europe, China, and India and sales representatives across the world, enabling us to provide customers with quality products and services wherever they are.
- Customer-focused response. We collaborate with our customers to create new product solutions that enable better filtration.
Learn More About Composite Filter Media From H&V
Composite filter media products provide a wealth of benefits over traditional filter media and are applicable in a variety of diverse, critical filtration settings, such as cabin air filters, cleanroom HEPA filters, water filtration systems, and more. Hollingsworth & Vose is a leading manufacturer of advanced filtration solutions that improve almost every part of modern life, from the quality of water we drink to the air we breathe to the industrial processes that depend on clean water and air.
To learn more about our composite filter media or other filtration solutions, contact us today.