Hollingsworth & Vose is a worldwide leader in filtration solutions. We have the broadest range of wetlaid and drylaid process technology platforms for filtration applications. One of our core capabilities is developing and producing multi-layer composite filter media. The construction of the composite is dependent on the application and exact requirements.
What Is Composite Filter Media?
Composite filter media contains two or more layers of filtration materials that are combined and bonded together to create a filter media with enhanced functionality designed for a specific industry application.
Many different filtration materials and combinations of substrates can be used to create composites, with each layer providing different filtration properties and physical characteristics. H&V composites can be designed to meet a variety of needs, including:
- Low pressure drop for a given efficiency for electrostatically charged or mechanical filtration or a combination of the two
- Increased or gradient dust-holding / dirt-holding capacity
- Extended lifetime
- Improved dimensional stability and strength
- Enhanced processability / pleatability
- Combined molecular (gas-phase) and particulate filtration
- Increased or decreased hydrophobicity / oleophobicity
- Reduced total cost of ownership
What Are Some Common Uses of Composite Filter Media?
H&V offers a variety of composite filter media solutions for specific end-uses. Typical applications for our products include:
- Cabin air combination filters (combining particulate and molecular filtration)
- Industrial and medical respirators
- Fuel and oil filtration systems
- Engine air intake filters
- Lube filters
- Hydraulic filters
- Coalescer filters
- Room air purifier filters
- Vacuum cleaner filters
- Specialty liquid filters
- HVAC bag, panel, and V-bank filters
- Cleanroom HEPA and ULPA filters
- Process liquid filtration systems
- Water filtration systems
- Microfiltration systems
Why Choose H&V’s Composite Filter Media?
As a global leader in filtration, H&V is the ideal partner for composite filter media needs. Our customers benefit from our:
- Extensive experience. H&V has been a market leader of composite filtration media since the early 1990s. Our proprietary technologies enable us to develop highly differentiated products, including AlphaPerm™ pleatable synthetics, fuel media, NanoWave®, Technostat®, Nanoweb™, Trupor®, and molecular filtration media.
- Superior products. We offer a diverse range of filtration products developed to target specific applications. Our products are optimized for particulate penetration, durability, service life, and/or cost-efficiency.
- Commitment to innovation. We maintain state-of-the-art manufacturing and industry-leading R&D facilities, which enable us to continually upgrade our product lines to meet changing market demands.
- Global presence. We have R&D and manufacturing facilities in the Americas, Europe, China, and India and sales representatives across the world, enabling us to provide customers with quality products and services wherever they are.
- Customer-focused response. We collaborate with our customers to create new product solutions that enable better filtration.
To learn more about our composite filter media or other filtration solutions, contact us today.