Electret filter media is electrostatically charged air filtration media that enables high-efficiency filtration of sub-micron particles at a very low pressure drop. Due to their combination of high filtration efficiency and very high air permeability, H&V’s Technostat® and AlphaPerm® electret product families have become industry benchmarks.
What Is Electret Filter Media?
Electret filter media are highly charged synthetic non-woven materials that use electrostatic forces to increase particle capture efficiency well beyond the physical pore structure. As electrets rely primarily on electrostatic filtration (rather than mechanical filtration), product uniformity and charge stability are critical to product performance and life.
H&V’s Technostat® utilizes triboelectric effects between dissimilar fibers in a patented process to create exceptionally strong, durable electrostatic forces. AlphaPerm® meltblown media is produced using a proprietary charging process to create a high-performance electret with excellent mechanical filtration properties.
What Are Some Common Uses of Electret Filter Media?
Looking for filter media you can trust in your high-efficiency filtration applications where extremely low pressure drop is critical? Hollingsworth & Vose is here to help! We offer a diverse range of electret filter media, either as a standalone or as a composite to enhance certain features, to suit different industry applications and market needs. Typical end-uses for our products include:
- Cabin air combi-filters and pollen filters
- Spirometry filters
- BFE/VFE filters for ventilators
- HVAC panel and V-bank filters
- Industrial and medical respirators and face masks
- Elastomeric half and full mask filters
- Vacuum cleaner filters
- Room air purifiers
- Specialty air filters
Why Choose H&V’s Electret Filter Media?
H&V is a global leader in filtration. By choosing us for your electret filter media needs, you benefit from our:
- Extensive experience. We’ve been a market leader in innovative electret and composite filtration media since the early 1990s. Our Technostat® product family is regarded by many as the industry standard. Technostat is used as a standalone product or in a composite to create a highly differentiated product with superior performance.
- Superior products. We offer a diverse range of electret and mechanical filtration solutions. Our products have been optimized for performance, including with regard to particulate penetration, durability, service life, and/or cost-efficiency.
- Commitment to innovation. We maintain numerous state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and industry-leading R&D facilities, which enables us to continually upgrade our product lines to meet changing market demands.
- Global presence. We have R&D and manufacturing facilities in the Americas, Europe, China, and India and sales representatives across the world, enabling us to provide customers with quality products and services wherever they are.
- Customer-focused response. We collaborate with our customers to create new product solutions that enable better filtration.
To learn more about our electret filter media solutions and how they can improve your filter applications, contact us today.