At Hollingsworth & Vose, we supply our customers with a variety of AGM pasting paper products that improve advanced lead battery processability and performance, in industrial and automotive applications..
What Is Pasting Paper?
Pasting papers are specialty products that are non-reactive to chemical compounds in batteries. The pasting paper acts as a battery separator that adds structural and mechanical strength to a lead battery plate assembly.
Pasting paper material is made from all-glass microfibers that ensure consistent compression in absorbent glass mat (AGM) battery assemblies. Pasting paper also prevents active battery materials from being released and can support wet lead paste throughout battery production. AGM pasting paper and separator wets out with electrolyte naturally and won’t degrade in the presence of battery acid.
What Are the Common Applications for Pasting Paper to Be Used?
AGM pasting paper is commonly used in both industrial and automotive applications Some of the applications they’re most commonly used in include:
- Light passenger vehicles
- Commercial truck batteries
- Motorcycle batteries
- Backup power for UPS, data centers and the telecommunication network
As a general rule, any battery that uses continuous grid pasting technology will require the use of pasting paper. AGM batteries typically require AGM pasting paper to prevent compression loss and extend battery life.
AGM pastingpaper ensures that the battery retains its active material structure throughout its lifespan. It adheres to the active material components without sticking to other substrates within the battery construction. This is crucial for safe and effective performance in long-term batteries and batteries that face long periods of continuous use.
What are the Key Benefits of Using Pasting Paper?
AGM pasting paper provides structural integrity to stacks of plates in battery assemblies, despite the fact that it is a very lightweight material at just 30-35 gsm. The benefits of our specialty pasting papers include:
- Cleanliness. Our paper products don’t have metals, contaminants, or chemical impurities. They are consistently clean and nonreactive.
- Carbon gassing prevention. Because our pasting paper is nonreactive and chemically stable, it won’t decompose or create a carbon gassing effect throughout the life of the battery.
- Stacking. During production, battery plates need to be stacked together efficiently and with structural integrity. Pasting paper helps the layers of plates stay together.
- Optimal battery performance. Pasting paper optimizes cycling without interfering with other substrates in the battery assembly. It can also assists in high-rate discharge.
- Interactions with electrolytes. Pasting paper can improve electrolytic stratification resistance and electrolyte-filling efficiency.
- High-quality bonding. Pasting paper is built with pores that respond well to lead acid paste to ensure a long-lasting bond between the appropriate materials.
- Light weight. Pasting paper won’t significantly add to the thickness or weight of the assembly.
Choose Pasting Paper From Hollingsworth & Vose
Pasting paper is an essential component in high-quality automobile and industrial batteries. Please contact our team at Hollingsworth & Vose for assistance identifying the appropriate pasting paper solution for your needs.